Work Out Week Two

Well, our second week of Kicking Fat’s Ass has ended and a lot of sweat had been shed. I have already posted about the first half of the week, but let’s talk about the second half, shall we?

Last Thursday was bike day, so we got up at 5 am, met at 5:20-ish and rode for about 10 miles. But damn. I was seriously struggling. I felt like with every bike ride it was getting harder and harder. My gears weren’t shifting and hadn’t for awhile. So I was going 10 miles on gear 2 or 3. I was peddling as fast or faster than Beth, and was going half the speed. And I didn’t realize how bad my bike was until today {which I’ll explain soon} I was a giant sweat ball when I got home. As if I had ran a marathon. And I hadn’t even come close.



See what I mean? I feel like it took forever to go anywhere? I was working my ass off just trying to get to 10 mph!

Although the sun and fog were so gorgeous that morning I had to stop and take a picture!


That evening, I decided to take my bike to Beth’s house. Beth and Travis have a roomie who works at a bike shop and actually works on bicycles! So I decided to have him just take a look and see what he could do. So I rode my bike to their house and Beth brought me home. Wasn’t much of a workout like I thought it would be. Only 2.97 miles. But I suppose, I got almost 13 miles in that day.

Friday was weight-in day. Which I was so nervous for. I had put in the work. All that my schedule would allow. Literally, every free moment I could muster, I tried fitting something in. I also woke up sicker than a damn dog that day. My throat hurt so incredibly bad I couldn’t swallow or talk. So I immediately text Beth at 4:30 that I wasn’t going to the gym. I was in so much pain. And it wasn’t work out pain.

I still decided to weigh in. I went potty (need all the help I can get) and hopped on the scale. Ready…?

1 lousy pound. That’s all I lost. Which I guess is at least in the right direction. but I was at the least, hoping for a 2 or 3.

And after that weight in, I just wanted to give up. My heart dropped and I just kept saying, if this is how my weight loss journey is going to be, why am I doing all this work? I was already putting so much time into this… time that I could be spending with my family. I’m eating way better than I have ever done while trying to lose weight. And exercising almost daily, sometimes twice in a day! So why continue for a 1 lb weight loss a week?

But then something clicked. Every time I have ever tried losing weight, I never put this much effort into it and I quit after the first sign of struggle. Which is why I am as heavy as I am now. This is where quitting has gotten me. Huge.

I want to look how I used to 11 years ago. I want to be that MILF that everyone has to do a double take at. I want to feel great and comfortable in my own skin and clothes. I want to be able to play with my kids without being winded after a couple minutes, or worse, watching them from a bench off on the side. I want to be able to keep up with my kids.

And I can’t do that quitting. That’s all I have ever done. It has taken me 11 years to put on the 70 lbs… I need to face facts and realize the 60-80 lbs I want to lose won’t come off in a few short months. I don’t have the luxury of working out for 10 hours a day or even able to spend money on a ton of extra healthy food that the whole family won’t eat. I have to work out when I can and keep the meals simple and cheap.

And it is what it is. So the sooner I face that, the better off I’ll be.

After my little pep talk, I went back to sleep and slept until Jason came home. Only waking up to feed the twins. I literally left Broden in charge of Kensli. But she for the most part snuggled with me and watched movies all day. {See, she can be sweet!}

After Jason came home, I went to the doctor to make sure I didn’t need medication, which thank goodness it wasn’t anything that required that. Came home, sat my ass back down on the couch, finally ate something other than saltine crackers, and went to bed shortly after that.

Saturday, I woke up feeling much better! My throat was still sore, but I could at least talk and swallow! So I woke up at 7, got ready to meet my cousin Jayme and a few of her friends for a walk around Gray’s Lake, and helped with the twinnies which caused me to be late. Still got there about 8:15 am.

We briskly walked around the lake, which was just over 2 miles. We ran a little… but damn. I am just not a runner. No matter how hard I try. Don’t get me wrong, I’m still attempting the Couch to 5k training. But it’s going to be a long haul.  Afterwards, we all met at Smokey Row coffee house, had a healthy breakfast sandwich which consisted of wheat toast, egg, ham, and a slice of cheese with an iced tea. We chit chatted a bit and headed on our merry way. It was nice to get some exercise in on a Saturday morning and get it out of the way.

But today. TODAY was the grand daddy of my exercising this week. Uncle Steve, Aunt Missy, Bethy, and I went on a 26 mile bike ride from Johnston to Gray’s Lake and back! And let me tell you, after Travis and Beth’s roomie fixed my gears and Uncle Steve aired up my tires… it was like a whole new bike!!!! I was more exhausted after our 10 mile bike rides in the morning than I was today after 26 miles. So thank you to Shaun and Uncle Steve for fixing my bicycle :)greatly appreciate it!

There were some tough spots, and the hills kicked my ass as you can imagine, but all in all, I feel like I did really well! I didn’t die, so that was a good start.

Although, my phone died with just a little over 4 miles left, but here were my stats at the point my phone died.



But since my phone died, I wanted a screen shot of Uncle Steve’s phone since it had the full bike ride mapped out with the full mileage that we biked for. So this is the screen shot of his:



We did stop on our way back downtown to have a small lunch where I had a grilled chicken salad and ice tea. It was quite delicious.

So I feel good about today. I think next weekend, since Jason is leaving for a week on vaca, Beth and I are going to take the girls to Gray’s Lake again… or somewhere… and walk it. But until then, we’ll be busting our asses all week.

Until next time Tipsy Sippy friends!

Love and Toodle’os!

%d bloggers like this: